Monday, August 10, 2015

Broken Leg Tomato Gazpacho

So, a fun fact about me is that I have a brittle bones disease called Osteogenesis Imperfects which causes my bones to break easier than other people's. I've been strong and fracture free for a few years now thankfully but it seems my lucky streak has come to an end. Last night, upon arriving home from a five hour flight might I add, I was approaching my bedroom when I slipped, spun, and fell in a spot of water on the floor. That caused a fracture in my leg. Anyway, while I sepnd the week resting to see if I need surgery I need something quick and yummy to eat. That's how I came up with this delicious cold soup.

Ingredients:
1 28 ounce can tomato sauce
2 cups broth of choice
5 leaves basil
1-2 chopped green onions
2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup chopped green squash

To make the soup simply chop the squash, onions, and basil and add all ingredients to a blender. Blend to desired consistency and serve chilled (or warm). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment