Sunday, September 6, 2015

Got Books?

I am very picky. I'm a picky eater and I'm also a picky reader. The amount of time I spend researching a book is pretty embarrassing. I definitely do not judge a book by its cover and incessantly look up reviews, recommendations, and new authors to check out. But, that being said, not many books tickle my fancy. While I like a wide range of genres, I am very picky about which book I will choose from each. So, without further ado, a list of a few great books that someone with tastes like mine might enjoy.

1) Men Explain Things To Me by Rebecca Solnit
-A quick but thorough read that will throw cold water on the face of anyone even questioning feminism.

2) The Last Lecture by Jeffrey Maslow and Randy Pausch
-This one really puts perspective on the big picture of to wisely spend the time you have on earth and how to appreciate it.

3) Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
-A classic that also will inspire you appreciate your life and those in it while you can.

4) Not Quite What I Was Planning by Larry Smith and Rachel Fershleiser
-Really funny and easy to read, a compilation of six word memoirs.

5) The Myth Of Sanity
-A really informative fact based book about mental illness and it's presence in society.

Those are just a few titles off the top of my head that you should really check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment